Thursday, December 11, 2008

Cross stitched Quilt top

I'm still here. I have been working on some projects that I can't show just yet. This is a quilt top I bought at an antique shop last summer. I have taken in apart and repieced it. The three sections were not matched up like they should of been. There is also a part that still doesn't match but it is going to stay that way. I think it was a problem with the printing not my piecing. I also soaked it in vintage soak to bring it back to white or at least an off white. The quilting marks didn't come out with the soaking so I'm going to quilt it as marked. I bought a Quilters Dream Cotton select loft for the batting. I'm not sure what thread I will be using. I would like to use So Fine but I haven't used it yet so I will have to do a little playing before starting this one. Wish me luck, this is really way out of my comfort zone. Oh, I still need to get a backing for it unless you think muslin will be O.K. to use.

2 comments:

Lori in South Dakota said...

Its beautiful. I would match it with a blue and white toile for backing. I'm a romantic at heart.

Kellie said...

Good luck with your quilting, but from what I have seen here you wll do a beautiful job! Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding my little quilt!