Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Patches

Working on some patches of a different type. This is my sons flight jacket with all the places he has been or squadrons he worked with.


It was a lot easier than I thought it world be. I used a leather needle and nylon thread. I read that what they use to treat the leather will break down cotton thread. This made it faster since I used a clear thread and didn't need to make any color changes.

I hope to be back to quilting after the holidays. I have a big project to share with you.

2 comments:

Exuberant Color said...

that is one of those jobs that you don't want to do but turns out easier than you thought. It's so much more fun making quilts.

vivian said...

Wow that's neat! looks hard-glad it wasn't as hard as it looks!