Saturday, November 1, 2008

Reversable Jumper

I got a little side tracked. I've been looking for a dress for my Granddaughter for winter and wasn't happy with anything I was finding so I decided to make something myself. I used a Simplicity pattern 7872. I'm not sure if it is still available or not this was in my patterns and was close to what I was wanting. The pattern doesn't call for it to be reversable and I didn't find any patterns that were. I'm hear to tell you if you don't know how to make this reversable I'm still not sure if I can tell you how. I though just make two put them right side together leave a side seam open and turn. Wrong! You have to do a few more steps mine included a lot of reaping out of seams. I did sew the whole thing on the machine, no hand sewing here! Anyone that knows me knows hand sewing is not something I do. I'm really happy with how it turned out. I hope it fits if not I think I can make another one in a lot less time then the first one. I still need to get some buttons and make the button holes but that should be the easy part. I hope finding a pink or white turtle neck and some leggings will be just as easy too.



3 comments:

Kathy said...

Very cute!

The Sarah Bear said...

OH MY GOSH!!! How incredibly cute! I want one :) I already see Sarah with a pear of cute jeans, rolled up and cuffed, a pair of white sandles, white bow, and white sweater OVER THAT DRESS!! :) Adorable!

Let me know when you are taking orders :)

Turtles In Northern Florida said...

So adorable! I need a little girl to sew for.