· DO NOT BASTE the quilt top batting & backing together.
· Identify the head of the quilt top and head of the backing.
· Press your quilt top, backing and all seams flat.
· Please remove selvages before piecing the backing fabric together. Do not use a sheet for backing.
· The quilt backing and batting should be a minimum of 6" longer and wider than your quilt top.
· Measure the center of the quilt top vertically. Then measure the outside edges. If there is a difference of more than 1" it is possible that your quilt will have tucks when quilted. Do the same horizontally.
· Square the top, backing and batting.
· Clip all loose threads on the front and back. Stray threads will show through your quilt top.